Friday, June 18, 2010

Berea to Harrodsburg, KY

Bill and I took an alternate route via Lancaster today in order to take our bikes to a bike shop.


Bill had his front wheel trued, a kickstand installed and his brakes adjusted. He also sprang for bar ends for Sara's bike, since she had limited hand positions. I had my dérailleur looked at, the shifting adjusted and the brakes tightened. Dan Miller at the Danville Bike and Feet is a master. I love taking my maladjusted bike in to a good shop. When we come out I fall in love with my bike all over again.
It seemed like such a short and pleasant day, we felt kind of guilty, but that did not stop us from getting lunch at an old fashioned drug store in Harrodsburg.



We arrived at the community park hours ahead of everyone else. The rest got a little lost and had an adventure.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has love affairs with their bike after a trip to the shop!

Love reading your blog, love you miss you.

biketrekker said...

smoochies. love you, too

Anonymous said...

I can't say that about bike shops but when I had the Olds repaired and it was so quiet after that I fell in love w/it again too! Great Blog!! Makes me feel good. R of PA oxoxox