Osprey Radial 34 review/reflections
- Water bottle/side pockets- don’t hold tall bottle at all, secondary internal pocket in one of the side pockets interferes with the pocket’s usability, zippers require two hands to close, making it unlikely I will store my wallet or phone there. If there was a loop or something to hold onto while zipping, two handed closing would be easier.
- Small front pocket is too small- would like it to hold my phone and wallet, key clasp is not purposeful, since it doesn’t keep keys from falling to the bottom of this tiny pocket
- Second pocket back- too deep, items fall to bottom, which takes up space in the next pocket back- suggest it is shallower
- Not enough pen slots (which I use for other things, like a spoon, sharpie, mat knife)
- Document pouch is too tight: when laptop is in rear compartment, documents can’t be loaded or removed from this pouch. Also, the reinforcing tape for the mesh pockets on the other side of the divider obstruct documents from sliding easily down. I solved this by inserting a piece of cardstock, so documents now slide in easily. This really should not be necessary.
- The handle on the top- should be black, because my hands are often dirty and this shows clearly on the bright green-
- The helmet clasp- the idea is great, but the shock cord is too short and rather cumbersome.
- Make it lighter in weight
Elements I really like/love:
- The zipper pull tabs are the best I have ever seen
- Bright green color is very visible and seems to make an impact on drivers
- Blinky clip strip is excellent and should be found on every pack everywhere
- There is a sleeve under the blinky clip to clip back the waist strap when you aren't using it
- The double pocket in the far back (when accessing the pack) has two compartments- great since I carry a laptop and ipad
- Second pocket has a diagonal topped slot in which I keep my glasses- they don’t fall out, but come easily when fetched