Osprey Radial 34 review/reflections
Overall, this gets 3 out of 4 stars
Elements I really like/love:
- The zipper pull tabs are the best I have ever seen
- Bright green color is very visible and seems to make an impact on drivers
- Blinky clip strip is excellent and should be found on every pack everywhere
- There is a sleeve under the blinky clip to clip back the waist strap when you aren't using it
- The double pocket in the far back (when accessing the pack) has two compartments- great since I carry both a laptop and ipad
- Second pocket has a diagonal topped slot in which I keep my glasses- they don’t fall out, but come easily when fetched
- Hidden rain cover. Brilliant.
Elements which could use improvements:
- Water bottle/side pockets- don’t hold tall bottle at all, secondary internal pocket in one of the side pockets interferes with the pocket’s usability, zippers require two hands to close, making it unlikely I will store my wallet or phone there. If there was a loop or something to hold onto while zipping, two handed closing would be easier.
- Small front pocket is too small- would like it to hold my phone and wallet, key clasp is not purposeful, since it doesn’t keep keys from falling to the bottom of this tiny pocket
- Second pocket back- too deep, items fall to bottom, which takes up space in the next pocket back- suggest it is shallower
- Not enough pen slots (which I use for other things, like a spoon, sharpie, mat knife)
- Third pocket back-Document pouch- the reinforcing tape for the mesh pockets on the other side of the divider obstruct documents from sliding easily down. I solved this by inserting a piece of cardstock, so documents now slide in easily. This really should not be necessary.
- The handle on the top- should be black, because my hands are often dirty and this shows clearly on the bright green-
- The helmet clasp- the idea is great, but the shock cord is too short and rather cumbersome. ***UPDATE- I have gotten used to this and can make it work well for me.
- Make it lighter in weight