Monday, October 08, 2007

Today my 13 year old went for a trek with me.
Together we went up the Canadian side of the Niagara River to Niagara Falls and back the US side. 42 miles and not one complaint. He even took a spill on a recently sealed driveway slick from rain. We probably averaged about 13 miles per hour, but it was a good time.

I still think customs and the bridge authority are trying to kill cyclists, but am less flustered by it. I insisted that we ride with the cars across the Rainbow bridge, but my son balked at this, so we again walked across and were scolded by the customs officer. This time I merely stared blankly at him when he said "for future reference...". Yeah, whatever. What are they going to do to me. There are no signs instructing cyclists about policy/ procedure, and the way the government works, it will be years before some committee can agree that there should be. In the mean time, my 13 year old will grow up and finish college.

No comments: